Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thought-Control Helicopter

Following up from my previous post, I've been putting some serious thought into what my capstone project for this year will be, and I'm considering taking my inspiration from a video I saw a year ago. Specifically this one, which depicts a man using an EEG headset to get a basic toy helicopter to take off by thinking the word "Fly."

I think I'd like to do something similar, if a bit more advanced, and try to set up a thought control system to fully pilot a toy helicopter. It would need to be a slightly more advanced model than the one in the video, which looks like one of the cheap toys that doesn't give you much control over it, but I think this would be an especially interesting project. I had mentioned previously that I was interested in where thought recognition technology might be headed, and what better way to find out than to go there myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment