I stumbled upon an unexpected solution to my problem of how to get the commands from an Emotiv EPOC EEG headset to my Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter this weekend: Processing! I've used Processing in several of my classes over the years and have some proficiency with using it, but it isn't something I'd consider a go to development tool, and, in fact, isn't something I've frequently come across outside of those classes. That said, I've found a library that allows Processing to connect with the AR.Drone and send it piloting commands.
It also seems that Emotiv provides free software to convert their headset commands to Open Sound Control packets, which Processing can receive and interpret using another library I've found. I finally have a good handle on how I can put this project into action, and I find it more than a little bit funny that I'll wind up using Processing at the core of this particular project.
No comments:
Post a Comment