Thursday, December 1, 2011

Successes

This project is actually coming along significantly better than I'd anticipated it would. "Mind-controlled helicopter" is not something that I'd thought would go this smoothly from the outset, but so far things are coming along really well.

Emotiv's headset apparently takes a while to ship, but in the meantime, I've discovered that they provide a free emulator, so I can use that to test my code. I was a bit concerned that transferring commands from the Emotiv software to the OSC converter, then to the Processing sketch and from there to the AR.Drone would wind up being an overly complicated process, but I actually wound up figuring it out in about fifteen minutes, twenty on the outside.

I can now successfully use the Emotiv software to tell my drone to take off and land. I'm excited for the headset to arrive so I can really get this thing working.

No comments:

Post a Comment